CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

WHEW... WHAT A WEEKEND!

It was a whirlwind of a weekend, but it was a fun one! Tara helped me in surprising Bethany with a girls day Friday for her birthday. We ate lunch at one of her favorite restaurants, Tavern on the Summit, drooled over a few things at Saks, ate some Liger's petit fors, then saw New Moon (which was SOOOO good, by the way!) Saturday morning was spent in the Verizon store letting B play with the phones, deciding which one she wanted for her birthday. After about two hours in that place dealing with my three boys in a store that is not kid-friendly coupled with salespeople who converted from Alltel who seem just as confused by the merger as I am, we left with new phone in-hand and headed to my mom and dad's house for an early Thanksgiving lunch. The whole family was there - I mean the WHOLE family! Here's one of the best shots we could get of everyone (this can't be the best, but it's all I have for now).

(And this was minus Chris who was still overseeing the turkey we were in charge of cooking as well as my aunt who wouldn't get in the picture, and Keith who was out of town.)


And one I just liked of 3 of my favorite people and me:
Rachel (a/k/a Martha), me, B, and Dawnie


We also look for any occasion to have a cake, so RaRa had this made for Bethany's birthday:
Just what this girl loves: a Chanel purse, a bottle of Juicy perfume, and Tiffany!
I think the only thing that could have been added was a pair of Tory Burch shoes! ;)

It's a lot of craziness when all of us are together, but we love it! I think everyone had a good time. We topped Saturday off with GaGa and Mags spending the night as well as having friends over to watch UFC. Mom, dad, Kenneth, Rebecca, and Anna even dropped in for a bit. We got out a big plastic bin of pictures and reminisced for a while which made for some laughs! Just wait, Martha! Your birthday IS coming up, you know! UFC nights are always late nights which is something we're not used to, so Sunday was low-key, relaxing by a fire. All-in-all a great weekend!

The boys giving Sissy some love - can you tell they're worn out?!?
Actually I think Reid is trying to get Mac off of her so he can get next to Sissy but let's just pretend they're all being sweet! HA!

Just keepin' it real:
This is what my laundry room looked like yesterday after being the catch-all for the weekend and after two whole days of doing no laundry (and I only did enough Sunday to get by).

I'm STILL trying to make a dent in it. :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Loved the recap! And all the family pics, too. I'm impressed that that many people in one picture turned out so well! That's one to be proud of!!