CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 16, 2009

WEEKEND RECAP


We had a really relaxing weekend which was something I think we all needed! We love to entertain and have our friends over, but every now and then we need a weekend with no company, just enjoying family time. We played outside A LOT - the weather was beautiful - we went to Mimi and Granddaddy's for a visit to see all their Christmas decorations. My mom is the master-decorator and next weekend is our Thanksgiving with them, so she wanted to be sure she had enough time to get everything all decked out. She did! We had to have a sneak peak. She still amazes me every year with the way she decorates. It could even get Ebenezer in the Spirit! I used to hate to decorate but the older I get the more she's rubbing off on me I guess. I'm really excited about getting my Christmas stuff out after seeing hers. I'm thinking next week we'll be Christmas-ready too!

Saturday the boys played so hard they were ready for bed a little early. I was sitting in the floor getting Reid ready for bed after his bath, and Mac came and laid his head down in my lap. It's not often that happens because they're usually go-go-go, but he was tuckered out. I rubbed his back for a few minutes and he was out. It doesn't happen often, as I said, but when it does it's so so sweet!

I'm surprised his cheek isn't red from all those kisses I had to get!

Sunday Chris and I couldn't let the weekend pass without going for a ride on the moto. I'm still quite nervous on it, but we really do have fun! We rode here this weekend:

Where this is the decor:

And these are the barstools:

It's a motorcycle club. And let me just tell you how much I stand out in my pink Auburn hoodie and Auburn baseball cap. But everyone there is so nice, and the ride to it is great - old country roads where you can really see all the leaves changing. And their cheeseburgers are so good! I learned a few things while riding this weekend. I thought I would share. 1) 75° may feel warm when you're sitting in the sun, but riding on a motorcycle in 75° weather is quite chilly. 2) I now understand why people wear chaps and leather jackets - I will be headed to Henig Furs Leather Outlet to purchase some of my own before our next excursion - Bethany, you'll just have to be embarrassed. 3) When you are still so new to Harley riding that you stay quite tense for the ride, there are muscles in your rear you didn't know existed until you finally get off the bike and you have "beginner's butt cramps." 4) The universal "wave" for motorcycle-riders is this:

(I have no idea who that guy is - got the pic off the internet)

EVERY person on a motorcycle you pass will wave like that. 5) DO NOT, under any circumstances, wear a thong while riding. You just think thongs in general are butt-eating underwear? You don't even know the half of it. Besides, I'm riding a motorcycle - no one cares about VPL (visible panty lines)! 6) I just HAD to have a half-helmet. I mean, what would people think if I got a full-face helmet? Half-helmets are so much cooler! I'm not riding moto-x! Well, I saw my reflection in the windows of a gas station as we pulled in to get gas. This is what I look like with that COOL Carbon Kevlar half-helmet I just had to have:
That along with eating a few bugs has made me look into that full-face helmet the girl at the Harley shop tried to get me to buy in the first place. 7) I must invest in some women's Under Armour instead of trying to wear C's - wearing MEN's already-too-big Under Armour under your jeans will make you sort of understand what it feels like to be a man.

I'm sure there are more but I need to be finishing up as my badonkadonk cannot take anymore of this computer chair. Have a great day! :)

No comments: