CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 20, 2009

14


To my precious baby girl:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOO!!!!!!























You're 14. Can you believe it? And if this posts when it's supposed to, you'll be exactly 14, to the minute! November 20, 1995, at 7:47 a.m. you entered this world weighing 6 lb. 14 oz., 19 inches long. I vividly remember counting your fingers and toes as soon as they put you in my arms, making sure all ten of each were there. They were. You were perfect. And you were mine. I was young, immature and scared and remember thinking how much my life was changed. It was now our life. And it was all right. I had a purpose.


You never cease to amaze me, Bethany, with your positive attitude, your love of life, your intelligence, your love of family, your love for the Lord, your compassion, your humor, your wit, your resilience, your kind heart. You are special. You are loved. You've left footprints on the heart and touched the lives of so many people, and you continue to richly bless mine!

As you continue to embark upon life’s journey, I hope you do so with the same tenacity of life you have thus far, never forgetting from where you came. You are the happy memories of my past, the joyous moments of the present, and hope for the future. I don't think anyone could have imagined the twists and turns our life would take, but one thing has never changed - my love for you is infinite. You are, “… wonderfully made.” (Psalm 139:14).

Happy Birthday, baby girl! I love you! You deserve nothing short of the best!

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Psalm 127:3

And now, little lady, I have but two words for you:

TEAM. EDWARD.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Mascara running now...ahhh!!! How precious is that girl?? I know I wasn't there for all of her 14 years, but I sure am thankful I got in on the last 7. She's the most amazing person in the world, no doubt about it! And boy is she in for a surprise today...CAN'T WAIT!!!!! See you in a few hours!

Ford Family said...

Oh..that was a tear-jerker! Thanks! ;) I remember finding out about sweet girl in your tummy...in McDonald's...at our senior breakfast...ahhhh....those were the days!! What a blessing she has been & God definitely had a plan! Love you both!

April said...

Who could forget that breakfast! And yes, those WERE the days! I miss those. I found a picture of you holding B at the hospital. I'll scan it. We looked so young! :)Love you!