CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 8, 2010

I HATE THE COLD AND OTHER RANDOMNESS

I hate cold. I mean, I loathe the cold. I hate sweaters, jackets, coats, not being able to wear flip flops - I do love the flip flop. I don't even own a pair of boots. [gasp]! I'm just not a fan. I don't like that it gets dark at 5:30 p.m. or that it's light at 5:30 a.m. I could live close to the equator where it's warm all year long.

Grumpy McGrump Grump reporting for duty.

HOWEVER, there is a silver lining. I do love and have missed this:

And of course these, because Grant thinks when we have a fire they're a must!


To get the full effect of the fire in case you don't have a fireplace or have gas logs, I took a little 15 second video of the lovely sound of a crackling fire. It's lovely. Just lovely. However, blogger isn't wanting to upload said video.

Dear Blogger:

If you knew how hard it was to get 15 seconds of ONLY the sound of a crackling fire with three rugrats behind me waiting to roast marshmallows and make s'mores, you really would be more accommodating regarding uploading videos.

Sincerely,
April

This past Thursday I had the pleasure of traveling to Selma all by myself to see my two nieces perform in The Montgomery Ballet's performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream. This is the third year The Montgomery Ballet has come to Selma, and each year they have local students take part in the production. My sister's studio, The Dance Studio, is one of three that has participated each year. It's not an easy task. Not only does it take dedication because of the practices, but the choreography is a bit advanced for what these students are accustomed to at their age. The studio owners/instructors meet once with the director to learn the choreography, then it's up to them to teach it to their students. Other than their own practices, they have one practice and a dress rehearsal with the cast then it's show time. Well, unless you're Maggie and you don't think you want to do it at all. Then at the last minute (i.e., the practice with the cast), they realize they have no one to play the part of "the boy." So she stepped up. And they performed flawlessly. I'm so impressed - with all of them. It was a beautiful ballet.

I wish I had more pictures, but due to copyright laws pictures of the performance aren't allowed. Had I been sitting in the audience I probably would've snuck a couple anyway. But when you have connections you get to watch from the side of the stage and take it all in. I really enjoyed it, especially being that it was performed on the same stage I grew up dancing on during recitals. I did manage to get one with my girls when it was over.

The beautiful fairy (albeit halfway out of her costume) and "the boy":

I'm not surprised at how well they did, but I'm nonetheless proud of my Martha, Grace and Claire!

On a side note, as beautiful as it all was, there are just all kinds of wrong with a man in tights - white tights no less, with a man-thong. It's wrong, y'all. WRONG! Just plain wrong.

Reid has been a bit under the weather lately, so Friday we made a trip to the pediatrician's office. Allergies and a sinus infection are the culprit, but thankfully he's already showing signs of improvement. On the way home we saw one of these as we passed by some used car dealerships:

You know, those air dancer things that kinda look like they're having a seizure or something.

Reid says, "Look, mama, that looks like you dancing."

Obviously those allergies are really getting to him.

Combine that with this:

There are two cartoons which play the song, "Baby Got Back." Mac LOVES that song, and when we're watching one of the DVD's and that part comes on, we have to rewind it no less than 20 times. He dies laughing every single time. The other day the TV was on and some music came on. I can't even remember what song it was, but it was something that made me want to dance. So I did. Mac was sitting on the couch and I knew he would think it was silly and get a kick out of it. Only he didn't laugh. Instead he said, "Shake that healthy butt. Baby got back."

Yeah. I think I'll keep my dancing to myself from now on.

In other news, Reid was pestering Grant this morning while he was trying to eat. Boy was he being a pest and getting on Grant's last one. The Professor got agitated and yelled, "HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF PERSONAL SPACE?"

Being that everyone is at school right now, I think I'll go enjoy some personal space. And maybe a little dancing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just laughed my arse off the whole time I read this. Even at parts that probably weren't meant to be funny. I needed this. Bad. love you.