CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 18, 2010

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 1ST GRADER?

Let's don't even go as high as 5th Grade because apparently I'm not even as smart as a 1st Grader.

The boys are home from school again today. They've been up since about 5 a.m. So by 6:30 a.m. the Motrin had fully kicked in breaking those fevers and making them feel good enough to drive me crazy think it's a full day of play. Motrin really is a wonder drug. Other than the cough that sounds like they've been a smoker for 30 years and makes me think I'm going to turn around and see a lung in their hands (well, that and the fact that it's quite possible to go through an entire package of Boogie Wipes around here in a matter of a day or two), it's hard to tell they're even sick.

Until the Motrin wears off. Then the fevers go back up. You know the cycle.

We sat down to eat breakfast and decided we would make out a little schedule of what we would do today so as not to have a repeat of yesterday. Whipped cream anyone?

First on the agenda while he was feeling up to it was for Grant to do some schoolwork. I got Grant started then Mac chimed in saying he wanted to do something too. Reid, by the way, couldn't have cared less. As long as he had sausage to eat and could lick the leftover icing from the cinnamon rolls, all was right with the world in his mind.

I'm working with Mac on letter recognition and how to write his name. His "M" needs some work so I drew a single-line homemade handwriting worksheet for him just to practice his M's. I wrote the first one so he could see how to do it.

Let me say that again. I wrote the first one so he could see how to write it the right way.

I gave Mac the paper and said, "Now Mac I want you to write those M's just like Mommy did all the way across, okay?"

Grant was watching and said, "Um, Momma that's not right. That's not how you write it. It goes like this."

And shows me how to correctly write the M on the handwriting worksheet.

Thus another reason (other than the obvious) I won't be homeschooling my children.

1 comment:

Ford Family said...

sounds like a day in my life with Mackenzie! :) they are too smart for their own good, huh???