CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

HALLOWEEN 2010 AND 2 YEARS

I'll get to Halloween in a minute, but I don't want all of that to overshadow the fact that October 31, 2010 also marked the two-year anniversary of a very significant date in my life. It will always be significant - as long as I live. I've learned so much over these past couple of years. In some ways I feel I've learned more in two years than in my whole life. I've learned God answers prayers but in HIS time and on HIS terms. And that I may not always like it, but I'll eventually see it's all part of a divine plan. I've learned that relationships can become stronger for having been tested. I've learned sometimes you just have to let go and that it's ok. I've learned a deeper meaning of commitment, love (even tough love), family and true friends. I've learned (am still learning and sometimes struggle) to find joy in the little things. I've learned sleepless nights are a great time for prayer. I've learned that being a mother means sacrifice. Ok, I've kinda always known that one but on a completely different level these days. I've learned what it truly means to be delivered through the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit. I've learned to live. And I'm thankful every single day! 


Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; 
great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23
Now on to Halloween. 

I love Halloween. I don't know what it is about it but I just love it. Trick-or-treating, houses being decorated, the costumes, carving pumpkins and the smell of it with a candle in it, roasted pumpkin seeds, the candy, all of it. It's something I look forward to every year. 


This year all of mine were old enough to run door-to-door all by themselves.


Except one certain someone who got all dressed up then decided as we got to the first house that she was a bit too old for it. 


So she was our chauffeur on the Ranger for the night. 


I must admit selfishly I liked that she thought she was too old because it meant she stayed back with me while we watched the boys. We got some good laughs out of it, especially when the Professor decided one house was a bit too creepy for him and took off in the opposite direction even after Bethany tried going with him. Look closely and you can see him walking away:


Of course, it didn't phase the younger two:


Every year since we met our neighbors, Bob and Sheree, we've gone trick-or-treating with them. Sheree has a hayride and decorates the trailer. But every year the group has grown, and last year there were so many people we decided we would do things on our own this time. I'm so glad we did. We had so much fun, just us. And the best part of the night, naturally, was checking out the goods once we got home:



Hope you had a Happy Halloween too!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love you Mom! You are the strongest person I know and I thank God every day that I have you in my life. I don't know what I would do without you.

The Sewell Family said...

I enjoyed catching up with your blog! I am soo jealous of the fireplace!!! 2 years, proud of you. Love ya!