CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 1, 2010

YOU KNOW IT'S A MONDAY WHEN...

Things were going so smooth it was almost scary. Everyone was up and at 'em and in a good mood. Everyone had breakfast and was dressed. Grant's lunch and backpack were packed and ready to go. We weren't running late. All the kids had been dropped off at school/preschool and I was pulling up to the post office by 8:30 a.m. to get a few things in the mail. Much to my surprise and delight (and many thanks to the reminder I set on my BB) I actually remembered everything: all the envelopes, cards, packaging materials, addresses, etc. I took my time addressing each item with my Sharpie Fine Point pen which I am in love with, waited my turn in line (only a short time I might add), and got all my packages mailed even making some friendly small-talk with the postal worker who was obviously having a good Monday herself - she was quite jolly. I turned to head out with a little skip in my step thinking to myself, "Wow, look what I've gotten done already and it's not even 9 a.m." Sounds like a pretty good start to a new week right!?! I thought so too. Until I kept going with that little skip in my step all the way up to the exit I was so sure was an automatic door.

It wasn't.

I walked straight into it. Sure did. And I did NOT turn around to see who saw it because everyone in there did.

It's a small post office.

And it was loud.

It's okay, go ahead and laugh. I eventually did. All that's hurt is a little pride.


2 comments:

Ford Family said...

That SO sounds like something I would do! : ) Hope it didn't hurt too bad, other than your pride! Happy Monday!
P.S. I too am in love with the sharpie fine point pen!

Martha said...

I think I just peed my pants...thanks Annie, I needed this today! :0) Bin Laden loves Fatty!!