CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

FUTURE BUILDER? AND I'M NOT QUITE READY FOR THIS

First let me say that for the most part, Chuy has been a fun addition to our family. It's a lot of work - A LOT! I feel like I have a baby in the house again. He's hard to figure out, though. I've come to the conclusion he's a bit of a snob. :) Just look at this picture:

See! Guess that's the French in him. HA!


FUTURE BUILDER???


Reid may be following in his daddy's footsteps. The other day Chris was going over a set of plans for a spec when Reid took it upon himself to peruse a copy of those prints as well. Once he realized I was snapping pictures, he really got into it. :)





I mean he REALLY got into it acting as if he were in his own little world:


I wish I knew what he was thinking:

Probably how he could turn it into his imaginary Elmo House he talks about all the time now. You gotta love those imaginations!!


Now on to something I'm really not ready for... 


This:

In about 8 short months Bethany will be driving - not by herself yet but nonetheless behind the wheel - with my life in her hands - HA! Oh my goodness I get nauseous just writing that out. And no matter how much I wish I could stop the hands of time, she's growing up fast so I better get ready. One of the ways I gained some experience behind the wheel was by my uncle letting me drive in my neighborhood when I was 13 and 14. I cannot tell you how many miles I put on my aunt's car going up and down those Castlewood streets. :) I honestly believe it aided in my being more comfortable when I got my learner's permit at 15 (not to mention I thought it was fun), so I thought I would afford B the same opportunity.

This was Reid when he saw Sissy get in the driver's seat:


When we started down the drive I kept trying to get her to look at me for a picture. This was her telling me she had to keep her eyes on the road:

Good job, B. That was a test! 


I must say, she's a pretty good driver. MOST of the time! :) They don't call them OS Handles for nothing! 



We talked about driving while "inTEXTicated", rather NOT doing that. So we had to make a little pit stop when she received a text:


Do you see that grin? There's really only one thing that can put that kind of smile on a 14-year-old girl. 


And that would be a boyfriend.


Again, I'm nauseous. ;) 


I let her drive until her heart was content, and this was the comment she made:


"Yeah, I really think the only problem I'm going to have is with the speed limit."




Heaven help me! Do they make cars with a 35 mph governor?

4 comments:

Tara said...

I don't know if I have enough space to type out everything I'm thinking right now. The boyfriend, the driving, the problem with the speed limit, the texting non-stop with the said boyfriend...AHHH! Can we rewind please?! That picture of Reid in the backseat is hysterical. And I remember my Dad teaching me how to drive a stick shift truck when I was SEVEN in the parking lots of AUM. Can you say breaking the law?! I have no doubt B will do just fine behind the wheel...she takes the curbs in my Tahoe better than I do! :) And I can hear her making that speed limit comment like she's sitting here with me. Too funny!

Ford Family said...

Gosh, we are OLD. Can't believe she is almost old enough to drive! I would be nervous nelly too~dread when my 2 are old enough!

Anonymous said...

Reid's first photos are so precious. Who knows? Maybe one of the boys will take on Dad's businesses. Bethany's photos are just as precious. We'll get her driving a stick shift too in her Granddaddy's truck! :) Mom

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, A.They're not speed limits...the're speed SUGGESTIONS.Ha!I obviously don't need to teach anyone how to drive!Haha!Love you.Mayree:)