CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE NORTON FAMILY & CAN WE SWIM YET?

MEET THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE NORTON FAMILY:

HA HA- I'M SOOOOO KIDDING! But we did go back to the pet store the other night, and I had Chris talked into getting her. When we got there another woman had her out and was loving on her, and I knew she was as good as sold. I know we don't need her for obvious reason, but we sure did want her. I do think she went to a good home so that's good. We didn't leave empty-handed, though. Meet Geo:


We think he's beautiful too and MUCH easier to care for! :)


CAN WE SWIM YET?????

That's the question I keep getting from the boys, especially on a day like yesterday where temperatures reached the mid 70s, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was a gorgeous day! I like it - I love it - I want some more of it. (Sorry - had to say it - thanks Tim McGraw!) :)

We took a walk, played as much as we could play, and it was killing them not to get wet somehow. They still don't quite understand that the nights are still quite cold which means the water is VERY cold. But, being the boys they are, they had to see, rather feel, for themselves.

It started with washing Reid's truck:








Then lead to spraying each other:



To put it mildly, Reid didn't like that part too much:


Reid tried his best to seek revenge but he fought the water hose more than anything:


And the water hose won:



Don't worry, Mac took on the big brother role and sought revenge for him:


HAAAAA - I GOT HIM!!!!


Then of course came, "Mommy, can we PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEASE get in the pool?" "Ok," I said, "Fine. Go ahead." I knew they wouldn't last long. In they went:




And right out they came. :)

Then with teeth chattering and lips having turned a bit purple :) they asked to take a warm bath:




They got warm, put on their jammies, and got cozy on the couch. Around 5:30 Chris came home from the grocery store, so I got up to put away the groceries. When I went back in the den, this is how I found them:


We are SO ready for Spring and Summer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love it when you know you are so-o-o- right and they will be so-o-o wrong. Ain't motherhood grand???? Mom

Ford Family said...

That is 3 tired little boys!! I can remember dying to get in our pool as a kid and thinking it was going to be warm just b/c it had gotten warmer outside and FREEZING!! Hard headed me would take it as long as I could just so I would't be proved wrong by the parents! ; )

Tara said...

My heart stopped at the beginning of your post...I just KNEW you'd gone back for that little pooch that is too cute to resist! And the pictures of the boys konked out on the couch is too sweet! My Granny always said that's when I was the sweetest...ha!