CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 26, 2009

A LOT ABOUT NOTHING...

a little about everything. That's what this post is about. Friday night was the first annual fall festival at Grant's school called "Night in Old Redland." The school is new with this school year being its first in operation. It's very exciting for everyone in our area, and it has so much support so the festival was a huge success. The boys had so much fun, and Chris and I enjoyed watching them as well as spending time with friends and neighbors. We live one block from the school, but Mac was so worn out this was him as we pulled in our driveway:

Part of that very ginormous "bat" on his face is lingering still today.

Naturally when we woke up Saturday morning we had to play with our "prizes." Nothing like my boys playing with a set of PINK vampire teeth. And they picked them out. But to Reid they were oh-so "kehhwwwy" (that's "scary" in case you don't speak two-year-old).





The weekend started out a little chilly, so we got to have our first one of these:


I really don't like cold weather but who doesn't love a real fire going in the fireplace! There's nothing like it - the smell, the sound - I love it!

Grant is the first one to ask for hot chocolate when it does get cool so we decided to call RaRa and get her yummy recipe for homemade hot chocolate.


It makes a lot so I thought it would be fun for the boys to help make it, and we could give some to their teachers in cute little jars sort of as a "Happy Fall" gift. After seeing them do this:


I decided this batch will be just for us. It guess it's a good thing that Wal-Mart didn't have the jars I wanted after all. :)

UFC was Saturday night so we put the kids to bed and enjoyed some adult time with a few friends. UFC nights always make for a good time and, with Chris, of course good food too!

Yesterday the weather warmed up quite a bit which means we don't stay inside much. Chris' love was baseball so it's really neat seeing him play baseball with our boys:
Bethany was in Decatur this weekend. She went to the Miley Cyrus concert Friday night with Tara and had the time of her life. I can't wait to see the pictures! Last time she was here we got her to play some baseball with us. I thought this was a cute picture:


Top the weekend off with a dozen fresh Krispy Kreme donuts my hubby got me, and it doesn't get much better than that! HA!

I'll close with this. It is really sad how fast children grow up. Bethany will be 14 in a few weeks, and to even say I have a 14-year-old makes me do a double-take. Reid is 2 1/2, and the way he says certain words is hilarious to me. I know it won't be long before he's saying them the "right way" and not "Reid's way," so I'm trying to capture every bit of it I can. This is Reid telling us (with Mac's help in the background) that our dog, Nate, killed another bird. I really wish I could write phonetically how Reid says bird. As you will be able to tell from this video, I don't even know if it's possible.

I'm off to back up my computer so I can load Windows 7 . Anything is better than Vista!!!!!!

No comments: