CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

RANDOM THOUGHTS

Last week Grant's class read a story about baseball. His teacher likes to have special snacks to go along with the stories they read. Since she knows how much Grant loves ball, she asked if we would bring special snack that week. I immediately thought of iced sugar cookies from Liger's made to look like baseballs.
And since you can't have a baseball game without popcorn (nor can you have something sweet without something salty), Grant thought popcorn and cookies would be the perfect snack.

The kids loved the cookies - who doesn't love anything from Liger's - and loved each having their own box of popcorn (I found the boxes at Target in the popcorn aisle). It was a hit!

Speaking of baseball, we lost a game last week. Boo. It was our first loss. It sucks to lose. Fall ball isn't nearly as competitive as spring, but those boys still love to win. Chris used it as motivation for the game this week. Obviously it worked because they had a great game. I guess you can't win 'em all. But we'd like to. ;)
This makes me smile.

While we're on the subject of things that make me smile...
Mac is doing really well in school. Now that he has learned to read a bit and can spell a little, he wants to write ALL THE TIME. And while Bueller may still have trouble with a couple of letters of the alphabet, the boy knows how to write the names of the people in his family (he did have help from his big brother on the word "family"). More importantly, though, he knows how to spell AND write the most important word in the English language:  Auburn. Well done, son. :)

The only thing I have to say about the last picture is that Reid's going to get me for this one day because he was furious once he realized I was taking a picture of him playing around in heels:
I wasn't sure if I should laugh or pray. ;)

No comments: