CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

B & Friends; A Note from Mac

Bethany brought Ellie and Elizabeth home this past weekend. Ellie has been here before but it was the first time Elizabeth has been introduced to Wetumpka and all the Norton madness. Bless her.

After spending the weekend with one sixteen year-old and two 15-year-old girls (one who will be 16 in 26 days - not that anyone's counting) may we please pause for a moment of silence while I say a prayer of thanksgiving that my younger three children are boys.

Amen.

They ate. Heavens to Betsy they ate. I can only imagine what it will be like when the boys are teens. I think they ate their weight in Slim Jims, fruit roll-ups and Oops! All Berries. And that's not counting the times we cooked. All Ellie asked for was Chris' baked beans, so Chris' baked beans it was. He said sure he would make them as long as she was confined to upstairs after she ate them. haha All weekend I laughed, they laughed, the boys made the girls laugh. At times the boys made me want to crawl under the table trying to make them laugh. With certain talks the girls made me want to crawl under the table. ;) Then there were times that instantly took me back to Bethany's sleepover and slumber party days. Like Saturday when they discovered the movie Halloween would be on at 8 p.m. and decided to watch it. It was Bethany's first encounter with a movie like that, so they decided they all needed matching pajamas for the occasion.
Aren't they cute. :)
Did you know Halloween pajamas are not in abundance? After a few stops we were able to score socks at Old Navy, and the low-price leader came through for the pj's. I don't think Wal-Mart has ever seen three teenage girls so excited over Halloween pajamas. 
It was a sight. You would have thought they were picking out formals.

This picture is too funny not to share:
That's Bethany sandwiched between the two of them. She was so pumped up about the movie all day long, then five minutes before show time she wanted to chicken out. We weren't about to let that happen so she made them all pile on the trundle bed to watch it. I got them settled then headed downstairs. I used to watch them and love it, but times have changed. Just the theme song creeps me out now. I received this text from her about an hour into it:
Needless to say she's not a fan. :)
It was a fun weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed having E and E visit, and I love that B is eager to share her life in Wetumpka with her friends from Decatur.

Sunday night while the boys and I were waiting for Chris to get home from hunting, Mac was practicing his writing skills. He flashed that Bueller grin then passed me a note...
He tried to spell "momma," and I think he did an excellent job. And of course he included daddy too. :) Sweetness.

1 comment:

Shea said...

I know yall had the best time! Can't believe your "baby" is about to be 16! Where has the time gone?!?!? Miss you!! Xoxo!!!