CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

WE LOVE LUCY

It started out as a simple day of school supply shopping. Well, as simple as a day of school supply shopping can be (thank the good Lord for "Aint" Dawnie who was there to help) when you're doing so for three children with the 4th one in tow who doesn't understand why he isn't getting 4 boxes of crayons, 3 bottles of glue, and 52 glue sticks (ok I was exaggerating a bit on the glue sticks). And a 10-pack of dry erase markers? Sorry, my teachers got 4. That's a bit excessive if you ask me. Thank the good Lord for "Aint" Dawnie who was there to help. Did I say that already?

Back to the matter at hand.

We ate lunch and decided we would go visit some puppies. There's something so therapeutic about getting some puppy love. And what were my famous last words as we were headed to see those puppies???

Well of course they were, "NO WAY, never, at least not today - we're just going to look and play."

And with that...
Meet Lucy Belle Norton.

Or as Bethany says, "Lucy Bāāāl," drawn out in her southern best. :)

Apparently I'm even crazier than I thought. Yes. I caved, got caught up in the moment. 110%.

You know how they say sometimes the dog picks you? Well she so did. She's a cutie patootie (a havanese who so far does not shed - at all - which is HUGE). We can't have just any dog because of the boys' allergies, and they are not allergic to her.

She's a sweetheart who loves Sissy very much.
Who leaves sweet little paw prints on the sidewalk after walking in the wet grass.
Who is very affectionate and loves to give kisses and be held.
Who has a bit of spunk only she's so little it doesn't last long. It wears her out although I'm sure that will change.
Her coat is very soft and silky, unlike most dogs' "fur." She is very fluffy and kind of resembles a muppet when she walks. ;) When I said that the boys asked, "What's a muppet?" Sad. Clearly I need to introduce them. What's a childhood without the muppets?
She's been great with the boys and they've been equally as great with her, especially the older two. She's a very social dog which also means she needs a lot of attention. She wants to be with and around someone at all times.
 
Which is probably why Reid could take her or leave her. HA! That's Turbo for you.



She has gotten used to her collar but so far is not a fan of her leash. She's doing okay with the potty thing but it's a slow process which takes patience and consistency. The consistency thing I can handle.

The patience thing?

Do you know me?

Am I semi-regretting this huge decision? I'll let Mac's body language in this next picture answer that one for you.
That's exactly what I was doing in the wee hours of the morning this morning in the midst of her shrieking whining, asking myself WTH have I gotten myself into. In other words, a lil' bit. BUT I love Lucy, and she's part of our family now. She's a challenge for sure, especially when I have to wake up in the middle of the night to take her out and then realize it should've been a bit sooner. She is a lot of work, work which I really had not intended on taking on right now, but there's no turning back now. I've always wanted my children to grow up with a family pet. I think we finally found her.

Or she found us. Whatever the case may be. :)

2 comments:

Ford Family said...

OH.MY.WORD!!! you are restricted from the pet store, lady!! ; ) She's a doll or dog! hehee! can't wait to meet her!! xoxo!

Ford Family said...

P.S. Love the new look!