CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

NOT TODAY

Today I was planning on trying to find the time to work on a post about a family get together we had in Selma this past weekend. And I still plan on doing that at some point. 

Just not today.

The boys are still sleeping (yes, it's 8:30 and the Norton boys are still asleep - that's one for the books) so I was checking a couple of blogs I enjoy reading. One of them discussed Pinterest. I've heard of it but don't know much about it other than it's a site you can use to "pin" ideas you find while searching the internet. She did warn that it was a time zapper. I don't Facebook or Twitter and can hardly find time to update this blog so I knew it wouldn't be of interest to me. But I am guilty of having my head in my phone too much - something I woke up feeling guilty about and something I felt led to pray about in the middle of the night (I'm suffering from a little bout of insomnia these days). I scanned to the comment section of that blog and this is the first comment I saw:
I don't think it was a coincidence. Now I'm not doing away with my blog as it is a fun outlet for me as well as a way to document all that we do. And for the most part I don't feel it takes time away from my family. So I will one day post about our fun family reunion. 

Just not today. Today I'm going to enjoy time with these precious gifts: 

1 comment:

Tara said...

Pretty sure this is exactly what I needed today. I have felt really guilty lately of just how much time I spend with my head buried in my phone for things that will do nothing to better me or my family. Now the blog, that's something near and dear to my heart because it's about my family, but the rest of it isn't worth my time and doesn't matter a bit in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for sharing!