CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 28, 2011

OUR WEEKEND AND SWEET B VIDEOS

My weekend was grand. Just grand. I got to spend it with my favorite people. Rachel, Mary Lou and Claire came into town Thursday afternoon. Friday morning I sent the boys to school (because I decided to be selfish and enjoy a little me time) and went to breakfast with Martha, the girls and Dawnie. We laughed and laughed and laughed. And laughed some more. It was pure awesomeness. :) Friday afternoon my mom had some one-on-one time with Bethany while we went to a practice game for the boys. 

Until our jerseys are ready the team wears gray pants and blue shirts so we can all match for practice games. Reid wanted to be like his big brothers so we were able to come up with a uniform for him too. 
Saturday morning the boys had another "fake game" as Bueller likes to call it. All of my family was there - all 6 of us, my parents, both my sisters, and my nieces. And I have not one picture to show for it. Not sure how that happened but it was a fun nonetheless. 

Saturday afternoon the boys had a birthday party to go to. Lucas (the birthday boy) and his big brother Dylan are on the boys' baseball team. They were on our spring team last year. They're a sweet, sweet family, and we're excited to go through the season with them again. 



Mac with the birthday boy:

This is Pretty Girl, Dylan and Lucas' little sister:
She's so tiny but has the biggest personality. She's a little spitfire. She's also smitten with Mackey. It's so cute to watch how she smiles and waves when she sees Mac at the ball field. :)

While we were at the party some rough weather came our way. But on our way back home as we were pulling into the neighborhood, we saw this:
I love rainbows. They still amaze me. 

Bethany and I had so much fun yesterday watching old videos. We have one from when she was 5. It was neat seeing her at the same age as Mac and Towns. There were a couple of parts in particular that were so sweet and hilarious that we rewound and watched them no less than 20 times. Because one of my favorite videos of her was recorded over by one of the boys by mistake, I took a video of the video with my phone to post here. The quality is terrible, not only because it's a VHS tape but because my VHS player isn't the greatest either. Then like I said, I videoed that video so it has a lot going against it in the way of quality but it's still precious to me. And the audio is the funniest part anyway. :)

In this video she's walking through my Nana's kitchen telling my uncle that she has real diamonds in her ears and that he needs to get some for Aunt Sandra. It cuts her off as she's saying Sandra but she says, "Hey, let me tell you somethin". I have real diamonds on my ears, and I want you to buy some for S..." HA!
In this next one Bethany is sitting at my grandmother's dining room table watching my mom and grandmother set the table. We were having a family get-together to celebrate Thanksgiving and B's birthday so my mom made Bethany her favorite cake. Only it must not look like her favorite cake because she questions my mom about it. Before she asks her about it she's looking at the cake and thinking mighty hard with her little hands folded. :)

Bethany:  "That's my favorite cake?" 

My mom, assuredly:  "Yes it is."

Bethany:  "Well it don't look like it, it's white." 

Then my mom reassures her it is her favorite cake and that it's pink, just a pale pink."
Sweet, sweet, sweet. I cannot believe that was 10 years ago. It definitely made me realize I need to be videoing the boys more. Times flies and these videos are precious and priceless. 

The other night Chris looked at me and said, "Here's little Grant coming through the kitchen."

I looked over and thought it was Grant on his knees being silly. Only it wasn't. It was Reid wearing Grant's glasses, and it was scary how much he favored Professor. 
Hope you had a grandiose weekend too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriously just stared at my computer screen and smiled for a solid 5 minutes because of all the adorable.

Ford Family said...

Love the videos..where does the time go???