CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRANDDADDY!

Today is my dad's birthday. I sent him a mushy mushy card in the mail that will probably make him cry (soft-hearted little joker) :) so I'm not going to get too sentimental here. I just want to say Happy Birthday to a true diamond in the rough! You're a wonderful example of what a follower of Christ, husband, father, grandfather and friend should be. Yet you're so humble I don't even think you realize it. 

We love you so much! Thanks for all you do for us!

We celebrated his day this past Saturday. What better way to celebrate than for all three of his girls, plus the six grands, to spend the day together with him and mom (except maybe in his eyes an all-expense-paid hunting trip to Saskatchewan or something of the like). We were WAY overdue for some good quality time together so we had to play catch-up. And that we did. As usual we laughed, ate, played cards, listened to music, laughed some more, ate some more, played dominoes, laughed, ate... You get it. 

Some pictures of our day:

Umby discovered she likes sand tarts and with Meems, what Umby wants, Umby gets. Mom just happened to have all the ingredients. Only now that B's older somehow Mimi roped her in to helping. RaRa slapped an apron on her, Mom shoved the mixer in her hand and started dumping ingredients in the mixing bowl. I think the look on B's face says it all:

But the sand tarts were DELISH! B didn't like to share.

The kids were so good all day and played so well together. Although here it looks as if they're up to no good. Hmmm, wonder if they pulled one over on us. 

Of course RaRa brought the cake. A largemouth bass cake to be exact. Wait, that didn't come out quite right. Gross. A cake with a picture of a largemouth bass. Granddaddy with his grands:


When it was time for Big Jack to blow out the candles, he had a cake covered in spit  lots and lots of help!


See, I told you. Lots of laughs:


Which laughs will continue when we think of why this picture had to be cropped so much:

Two of my most favorite people in the whole world:


Food. Oh, the food. Good. Southern. Food.


Dominoes:

AND yet more laughs:



Just because I like it:


And because it was his day:

It doesn't get much better than that, friends.

I have just one last comment for this post:
I don't have a picture to share unfortunately but I must say Martha, you were rockin' the jeggings! I'm still scared of them but... I bow to you! 

3 comments:

Tara said...

I've been waiting on this one! Looks like a sweet, fun time all together. And that food...can a girl get a doggy bag next time?! Oh, and I must admit I'm with you on the jeggings. They intimidate me!!

Ford Family said...

You have always had the sweetest family~Love each and every one of you! :) What a fun day for a super duper daddy!!

Ali said...

"A largemouth bass cake to be exact. Wait, that didn't come out quite right. Gross." that made me laugh!