CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 17, 2009

IT'S BEEN A WHILE

Goodness we've been busy. I can't even find time to do my Christmas shopping much less blog. But I wanted to do a quick post while some things are fresh on this ol' brain. Again, bullets:

  • Good-byes suck! Even when it's something you've prayed would take place, even when you know it's for the best, even when you know God's hands are all over a situation, it's so hard to say good-bye to someone you love. But it's not forever, and we cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for her. Please be in prayer for this sweet baby of mine as she takes some time to heal - physically, emotionally, and spiritually:
Ok, so she's not technically a baby but she's our baby. We're so proud of her and so thankful for God's grace and mercy!

  • WE HAVE BUTTERFLIES!!!! Yesterday couldn't have been a more perfect day for our first butterfly to emerge from its chrysalis. We have four now and are waiting on three more. This whole process has been so amazing to me. I highly recommend checking out Insect Lore's website to see what all they have to offer. The kids have thoroughly enjoyed it, and I've had just as much if not more fun with it than they have. :)

  • RAINY DAYS: We've had many yucky, rainy days lately, so we've had to come up with things to do inside. With boys that's not an easy task. These came in handy the other day:
The boys had their own hunting cabin and tree stand and patiently waited for a big buck to come out:

As usual, Reid's gonna have himself a snack when he hunts:

The serious hunter:

And Mac didn't want to be seen - he was "camouflaged": ;)
And doesn't everyone hunt with a sword? Barefoot? In pajamas?


  • OUTTAKES: I've been trying to get the perfect picture for our Christmas cards. I haven't sent out a Christmas card since the Christmas before Reid was born. Terrible, I know. I just didn't have it together. This year I was determined to get one out; however, with four children and three of whom are rowdy, rambunctious boys, perfect and picture do not go hand-in-hand. In fact, just getting a picture with all of them in it is a task. I finally did get one that was usable. And with what it took to get that one, it was dubbed "The Perfect Christmas Card Picture!" :) Here are some outtakes:
I thought it would be cute to get just their faces like this. As you can tell, it didn't quite turn out with Reid's "piwow" in the pic or the flash blinding everyone:

And here we managed to get the pillow out of the way only to have them all
bonk heads while Reid continues to pout in his blanket:

Reid was so happy he was having his picture taken:

Good times!

  • CALLAWAY GARDENS: If you've never been to Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens, you must make it a priority! We went Tuesday night with Chris' parents and Donnie and Rae and Haylie and Grey (Chris' brother and his fam) and had a blast! It was absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend riding the Jolly Trolly if you go. There are different scenes with each one telling a story or Christmas song. Grab a blanket and some hot chocolate and sit back ready to be amazed at all the lights! I don't think it would have been as much fun if we had driven through in a vehicle. It was spectacular! I hope we make this a Christmas tradition from now on! I'm so glad we went.
  • FRIED SNICKERS: When I originally did this post I included this with the Callaway Gardens part because that's where I got it. But hey, this deserves its own bullet. I mean, come on, it's a Snickers. And it's fried. After seeing Fantasy in Lights we got funnel cakes, cotton candy, and I tried a fried Snickers. Oh my goodness. Think Snickers Bar. On a stick. Dipped in funnel cake batter. Fried. Then sprinkled with powdered sugar. Pure deliciousness!
And now I'll close with this (this one's for you, Umby!):

DO THE HEISMAN!

No comments: