CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 27, 2009

WHY IS IT...

That we feel the need to get our car nice and clean BEFORE we leave to go on a family vacation? We are beach bound - YAY!! We leave tomorrow for our annual family beach trip, and we are all super excited! Chris has taken two of the boys to the lake for the day so I can get us all packed and ready to go tomorrow. Before Chris left he said, "Don't forget to get an oil change and please go clean your van out." Side note: Bethany had her first experience at American Lube Fast today and thought it was so neat. I love going there not only for convenience but because I think it's cool I can sit in my car while they do it and listen to their "special language" they have. I try every time I go there to understand what they're calling out to each other from under and above, but I just can't. As you can tell, it doesn't take much to amuse us around here! :) Back to the issue at hand. My response to Chris about the oil change and cleaning out the van was, yeah, I know, that's what I planned on doing first thing. And on about our business we go. So I'm at the point where I'm cleaning out the van. (Yes, I rock the ultimate mom-mobile, the minivan, and I love it! I'm sure when the boys get older I will want an SUV but right now, my ride is way too convenient for me to get rid of). As I'm vacuuming it out it hits me: Why in the heck am I doing this now? Tomorrow morning we are going to be packed in that Nissan Quest like sardines. SIX people, SIX people's stuff, pillows, blankets, DVDs, crayons, coloring books, and of course candy, candy, and more candy. A long drive is the perfect excuse for a lot of candy, but with 6 people eating it, 4 of those being children, it makes for quite a mess! Factor into that the fast-food I'm sure we'll be getting, the convenience store stops we'll be making (even potty breaks at a convenience store=something else someone MUST have), and the times they'll be on each other's nerves which will subsequently lead to someone throwing the aforementioned, and that my friends equals up to one big nasty mess of a van that would cause Dr. Detail to do a double-take. And that's just on the drive down there! I guess we'll enjoy the view of a clean vehicle as we're all loading up tomorrow. But...


WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH!

No comments: