CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

PIMENTO CHEESE; WORDLESS WEDNESDAY

I love Jim 'N Nicks' pimento cheese. Chris thinks it's crazy that I go to a BBQ restaurant to eat pimento cheese, but I love it. It's homemade and delicious - and also a little spicy. I was craving it the other day so I took to the google in search of a recipe. After combining a couple of them, I came up with what is a very close second to Jim 'N Nicks. And it's only second because I don't have those yummy cheese muffins served with whipped honey butter while I wait. :).

If I don't post it, I will forget how I did it. And then I would be sad.
PIMENTO CHEESE
8 oz. block sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz. block pepper jack cheese
2/3 c. mayonaise (I use Hellmann's)
4 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
4 oz. jar diced pimentos*
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. finely grated onion (the onion I used was strong so I didn't use the whole teaspoon)
salt and pepper to taste
garlic salt to taste

Grate cheese and set aside (grate your own cheese – don't use store bought shredded). Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add mayo, pimentos, worcestershire sauce, sugar, onion, garlic salt, and salt and pepper. Beat until blended. Add cheese. Mix well. I like it served as a sandwich on sour dough with lettuce and tomato, but it's also great with crackers.*I believe Jim 'N Nicks uses roasted red peppers in place of pimentos. I may try that next time.


I have a couple more recipes to share (a simple and delicious lasagna recipe and pizza muffins for the kids) but I'm out of time. I'll try to get to those tomorrow.


Look at me dishing out the recipes. No, your eyes are not deceiving you. HA! 


Obviously this is not a Wordless Wednesday post. But if it had been...

No comments: