CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 19, 2011

JUST A TYPICAL FRIDAY EVENING; WAKE UP AND SMELL THE SHRUBS

Friday evening. You know, Chris and I sitting out front watching the boys play ball...
While Liza Jane Deer roams in the yard.
Then Big Mighty Puppy a/k/a Lucy wants to be friends with LJ.
That deer will roam through a yard where wild little boys play ball, run, chase each other, shoot Nerf guns, etc. BUT she's afraid of a fur ball who weighs all of 3 lb. 11 oz. So She runs. Lucy thinks she's playing which results in Lucy chasing Liza Jane through the front yard.
And then around to the back ultimately sending LJ into the woods like she's running from a bullet.

So like I said, just your typical Friday evening at the Norton home. :)

NAME THAT SHRUB:
I'm not sure what type shrubs these are but I wish I could somehow make the picture scratch and sniff. When they bloom they have the most delightful aroma. Tea olive maybe? Gosh I wish I knew who built this house. (heehee) I literally get to wake up and smell the shrubs. We have some on the side of the house and in front so whether I'm getting in the car or we're out front playing, I can smell them. They're very fragrant, and the scent carries for quite a distance. I'm so very sad to see summertime slipping away, but these blooming make me enjoy the beginnings of fall. Plus it's been nice to be outside without melting. I'm in the process of changing the boys' closets and drawers from shorts to jeans. One of the shrubs is right by Reid's window. I decided to make his room the go-to place for going through everything so I can open his windows and enjoy the sweet smell. It's delightful.

Speaking of sweet...
But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
Psalm 13:5

No comments: