CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 5, 2012

Celebrating Turbo

We had a ton of fun celebrating Reid's birthday in all kinds of ways. Chris will say, "Y'all are the most celebratin' people I've ever met." HA!

I'll mostly let the pictures speak for themselves. There are a lot of them.

Thinking we wouldn't be here the weekend of Reid's birthday, we planned a little celebration at my parent's house the weekend before. If you know my mom and Rachel you know they couldn't stand the thought of not celebrating his birthday with him somehow.

We had dinner then it was time for cake and ice cream. Not just any cake. And not just any ice cream.

Miss Amy made the cake. Of course. 
So great and yummy! Her cakes are always a treat. The only thing that made the cake better was my mom's homemade ice cream.
Time to sing
A little bashful
So funny to look at everyone in the picture. Check out their mouths.
Everyone is trying to "help" blow out the candles :)
Mmmmm
Then it was time for presents. Both of his brothers wrote the birthday boy a note all by themselves and took money out of their own wallets to give to him. This I love.
"Shelf" a/k/a Chef Reid was the theme for the night. In case you didn't know, Reid wants to be a shelf when he grows up.
Between "Aint" Dawnie's mixer,
RaRa's "kitchen tools" as he calls them, and his chef attire he's well on his way. ;)
He has asked more than once if his apron is "dirty proof." I took it to mean if it was okay to get it dirty. I assured him that yes, it can be washed. Little does he know there's not much we have around here that isn't dirty proof. :)

A few more snapshots...
The cousins got some quality cousin time and naturally there was lots of eating, talking and laughter.
And did I mention laughter? :)
A great way to celebrate our Turbo.

Reid really wanted to go to the beach for his birthday. When he first mentioned it Chris and I thought it sounded like a great idea. We have been wanting to go down and check on the camper anyway. Unfortunately things don't always go as planned, and it just didn't work out for us to go. We have promised him we will go as soon as we can. He was bummed (so was I) that it didn't work out. Well Friday night we may not have been headed to the beach but monster trucks were headed to Montgomery.

We didn't tell the boys we were going until we pulled up to the Coliseum. They were ecstatic. The monster trucks were fun but I have to say the motorcycles with all their tricks stole the show.

We got the boys ear plugs. Mac and Reid put theirs in as soon as we sat down. Professor didn't think he needed his.
Once those monster trucks got going it turns out momma was right ;)
These pictures aren't the greatest and the red eyes creep me out - even creepier when I tried to correct them. But it's all I have so I'm going with it.
Yes. That's pink cotton candy. Mac is apparently becoming quite secure
in his manhood (boyhood?) because he picked the pink cotton candy over the blue.
He is even asking for a pink Polo shirt. There is no denying that boy is a
Norton but a pink shirt??? His daddy would NEVER. Neither would Grant.
He'll sure look handsome in it, though. You never know with Bueller.  
There are two motorcycles in that ball. Two. 
Reid isn't a fan of cotton candy but a snow cone? Yes please.
Birthday boy
You know it's been a good night at the monster truck show when your ears are still ringing at bedtime. :)

Then of course Sunday came which was his actual birthday. He requested Chuck E. Cheese. Grrrr. The one in Montgomery is, shall we say, less than stellar. Ok I'm being nice. It's disgusting. And the only time I'm comfortable being there is as soon as it opens. So that's what we did. We were in and out of there in a couple of hours and managed to talk him into eating somewhere else. I felt like we brought home enough germs just playing there. Eating there? If they can't even keep soap and paper towels in the bathroom what must the kitchen look like behind those closed doors? Yikes! I just couldn't do it. Thankfully every.single.table was reserved so... awww, shucks... no place to sit.

They always go to skee-ball first - my personal favorite
Whatever it was it captured their attention
Sweet boy
Quiet and still... maybe we should see if we could get
one of these at home. hahaha
After lunch elsewhere we headed home and spent the rest of the day being lazy - sans food poisoning. Yay!

Sissy wasn't here that weekend so the next weekend she decided she would have a Sissy/Reid day. I don't know that those two have ever had a day like that. They were both rather excited. I had a couple of errands for B while she was in Montgomery. Have I mentioned I'm getting a little more used to her being 16?!? Then B had a few things she wanted them to do together.
One of their stops was Petland to play with some pups.
It's always fun to get some puppy love.

Not long after lunch with Meems, B was ready to call it a day. She let Reid have Coke at lunch. She now understands why I don't let the boys have caffeine. ha!

Thank you, Sissy! It's no secret your brothers adore you.

I can't believe our baby is 5. Such a big boy. The boys' ages right now are 5, 6 and 7. I love it when they're like that. It's much easier now than when they were 1, 2 and 3. :)

3 comments:

Ford Family said...

Happy birthday Reid!! :)

Angie said...

I love that sweet baby face of his! So fun catching up on y'all. You will catch up on us....ONE day ;) AND--Even tough I am a Alabama Fan--That cake is the BOMB! I can't wait to show Robin and Wiley...BTW--I was showing Wiley the pictures of the boys and he wants to come play- and He see's Davis' pics of Shea's and wants to play with him too---We will HAVE to have a play date in the Spring..Love y'all much!!!

The Sewell Family said...

That cake is beautiful! I love that Reid was spoiled for his special day! Ya'll know how to celebrate. I can't believe he is 5. He still has that cute baby face. Love you!