CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 3, 2011

GROUNDHOG; HOMEMADE BOWLING; MY DAD THE TAXIDERMIST; AND MAC's Mii's - JUST LOTS OF RANDOMNESS

I believe in the groundhog seeing his shadow or not as a prediction of whether we'll have 6 more weeks of winter or an early spring about like I believe that eating black-eyed peas on New Year's will bring good luck.  I don't. But the boys were really into it so I had fun with it this year. Being that I'm desperate for spring and the reports are that he did not see his shadow thus predicting we'll have an early spring, I have to admit right now I'm a fan of Punxsutawney Phil (although I think that's wishful thinking being that Phil's accuracy is only 39% and it is currently 30° outside with icicles hanging off my house). Whether or not this rings true, we'll have to wait and see. But no doubt Spring is around the corner somewhere because we're gearing up for spring baseball - tryouts are in a couple of weeks. Last night Chris took Grant and Mac to batting practice, and Turbo was feeling a bit left out. It was cold and rainy so we had to find entertainment indoors. We played Wii for a little while but Reid is not one to sit in front of a TV for long. He went to his room, grabbed a couple of balls then went in the kitchen saying, "I have a great idea." He came out with plastic cups saying he wanted to play bowling. So homemade bowling it was.

(My poor baseboards):


SO serious:

It was my turn so I asked for the ball. "No, momma, that's not your ball. That's my ball. This is your ball."

Thanks, Turbo. That's so fair. We had fun and that's all that matters, right?!? Ummm. NO, not when Reid is playing. He won. That's what matters. HA!

TAXIDERMY: 
My dad has perfected european deer mounts (I would put his up against any "seasoned" taxidermist), and was excited to bring Grant's to us last night. 

But I think a certain little hunter was more excited than his Granddaddy. 
Thanks so much, dad! They all turned out beautiful and we appreciate all the hard work you put into making them. It makes them extra special. I can't wait to see Bethany's!

Mac's Mii's:
Mac loves to make different Mii characters on the Wii. He has made one for pretty much everyone in our family. And they actually favor the person they're supposed to be. In fact, I can usually look at the Mii and guess who it is without him having to tell me. But...

This one has me scratching my head.  

As you can see, though, he mingles with the rest of us. :)

No comments: